If you have seen that the Antimalware Service Executable using a lot of disc space and data on Windows 10. Then No need to worry about. As network problem and memory usage is common to most of the windows 10 users . Whether your device is updated or not. Let us know about Antimalware Service Executable. and fix antimalware service executable high network usages and memory usages in these simple ways.
Antimalware Service Executable High CPU/Disk/Memory/Network Usage
The Antimalware Service Executable (Msmpeng.exe) process is part of Windows Defender. Which is a built-in antivirus programme included with Windows 10. This can be found in your Task Manager’s Details tab. executing antimalware service consumes a lot of disc space. Antimalware Service Executable performs real-time scanning and scans files for malware every time they are accessed.
Related article : How To Save Data While Using Hotspot In Laptop Windows 10
It also runs background system scans to look for malicious software, updates antivirus definitions, and does everything else that a security programme like Windows Defender is supposed to do.
Its scanning relies significantly on your computer’s CPU, which is why Antimalware Service Executable consumes a lot of CPU, disc space, memory, RAM, and even network bandwidth.
1.Disable Real time protection
To disable real time protection follow the steps given below
Right click on windows icon > Settings > Updates and security > Windows security > Virus & threat protection > Manage settings > Switch the “Real-time protection” setting to Off.
Related Article : How To Enhance Your Windows 10 Performance(Updated)
2. Change Windows Defender's Scheduling Options
- press windows key + R to open run box. Type taskschd.msc and press Ok/Enter.
- Double-click on “Task Scheduler Library” > Microsoft > Windows
- Find and expand “Windows Defender”.
- Then double-click “Windows Defender Scheduled Scan”.
- Uncheck “Run with highest privileges” on the property window.
- Uncheck all the items in the “Conditions” section. Then click “OK”.
Related Article: A Day In A Life Of Elon Musk. What He Do, How He Do,When He Do ?
3.Add Antimalware Service Executable to Windows Defender's Exclusion List
- Open settings and open Updates and security.
- Click Windows security then “Virus and thread protection“
- In virus and thread protection setting click “mange settings“
- Scroll down in Exclusion click on “Add or remove exclusion“
- Tap on it and choose Process.
- Type MsMpEng.exe. Then click “OK”.
Related Article : How To Save Data While Using Hotspot In Laptop Windows 10
4. Disable Windows Defender in Registry
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run Dialog Box.
- Type regedit and click “OK” to open the Registry Editor.
- In the navigation pane on the left, double-click the folders to navigate or Copy this on top bar HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender.
- If you find a registry entry named DisableAntiSpyware, double-click it and set its value data to 1.
Related Article : service host Background intelligence consuming high data fix
This are the few and 5 minute steps to follow and improve the network usages and memory usages. Don’t forgot to restart your PC/Laptop once after doing all this things. This is how u can fix antimalware service executable high network usages